Just because...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm a Swiftie through and through

I don't know how I missed it... but last night I learned Taylor performed at the 2008 RNC. Reading that hurt me so bad. I know most people think it shouldn't mean that much to me... But if you knew me in person, you'd understand. I doubt any of you will ever meet someone more liberal than me. Finding out that before I stalked her myspace every day she posted "republicans do it better" really hurt. I don't know how I had missed that... but I did. Yesterday, on formpsring someone asked me what I would do if I found out Taylor was a republican and I said, I'd go from megafan to fan. But I just can't do it. She's not the person I thought she was... not at all... but I can't leave this place. I can't get rid of my posters. I can't get rid of my shirts. I can't take my ticket off my wall. I don't hear her songs and get upset and/or mad like I thought I would. I hear her songs and still feel the excitement I did before. I can close my eyes and see her at that concert on May 1. While I know if I saw her walking down the street, now my reaction would be quite different. I'd jump and scream less and I'd probably open with a rather serious question (how she feels about LGBT rights)... but I still want to meet her just as bad. She's still helped me to realize that my dreams are worth fighting for. She still makes me FEARLESS. It's kind of amazing to me that while I thought this would be the end of my Taylor megafan life.... it's just the beginning. This has proved to me how strong my love for Taylor is. I mean, her politics still matter to me... but they matter much less than I thought they would. And I really only care about one issue. I don't care how she feels about anything but my rights. That's it. I've been crying all day about this... but not because she's a republican and it's over... but because she's a republican and it's not. I guess Taylor's music just runs through my blood. And there's nothing I can do about it.

I still love her. And unless she comes out and says something against LGBT, I probably always will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home