Just because...

Saturday, May 15, 2010

RENT

It's no secret I'm a HUGE RENThead. I love RENT with all of my heart. It was the first thing that turned me onto musical theater, which I now LOVE. RENT has inspired me in ways that are just unimaginable. Nothing, not even Taylor, gets me as excited as RENT. When I hear a RENT song playing, I go crazy. I don't care where I am or who I'm with, I will be dancing like a maniac.

Recently, I've also fallen in love with Neil Patrick Harris. And it's no surprise that I've been youtubing videos of his time in RENT as Mark. While I was doing that, I stumbled upon a documentary that was just phenomenal. Especially part 2, which talks about Jonathan Larson and his life. It's just beautiful. His friends and family are interviewed and there's footage of him singing and him performing. I think this documentary really tells the story of RENT. It's about the LA production of RENT and how that all went down. I'm linking you guys to the playlist I created on my YouTube channel for this documentary. You should watch if you have the time. But if not, that's understandable. You should at least make time for the 8 minutes and 4 seconds of part 2. I promise, you will not regret it.


Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home